If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Scallops are expensive, yes, but once in a while, so worth it. This recipe is from my mom, and it takes about ten minutes start to finish. Without fail, the scallops wind up beautifully browned on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside. The pan sauce, with just a tablespoon of butter, tastes amazingly rich. Be sure to remove the side-muscle, if present. - athaler11
- 3/4 pound scallops
- all purpose flour, for dredging
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives or dill (I used chives)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- dredge scallops in flour (lightly)
- spray pan with cooking spray and saute scallops over medium heat until done (about 3 minutes)
- remove scallops and set aside
- add wine to pan and scrape up browned bits. simmer until reduced (about 3 minutes)
- add chives/dill and lemon peel
- add butter
- spoon sauce over scallops and serve hot
- for this (and more like it) please visit www.tastethentell.blogspot.com. enjoy!
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.