Author Notes: A variation on simple potatoes salad. Veggies can be cooked in water as well, but I find that this salad has so much more taste when they are caramelized in the oven. - Cordelia
Roasting the Veggies
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 25 Brussels sprout
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Warm the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the potatoes and cut the bigger potatoes in half
- put the potatoes in a backing sheet and drizzle 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil and the salt and mix well
- Roast the potatoes for 20 min. Turn them over after 15 min.
- In the meantime cut the Brussels sprouts bottoms, take some of the outer leaves and cut them two half.
- After 20 min add the Brussels sprouts to the backing sheet and drizzle the rest of the olive oil and add a bit of salt
- Roast for another 15-20 min until the potatoes get soft and the Brussels sprouts caramelized
- You can cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Put in a bowl and let cool a bit.
Salad and Dressing
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Big hand full of basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of mayo
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until mixed very well.
- Pour the dressing on the veggies (start with 3/4 of the amount and see if you need more) and mix gently until the veggies all covered with dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts