Author Notes: I found this in "Taste of the South" magazine and it's slowly but surely become a summer staple. I've been planning on trying it with mango or maybe even nectarines...Fruity salsas are one of the joys of summer. - dusty516
- 7-8 fresh peaches, blanched, peeled, cut in half and with the pits removed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3-5 tablespoons minced jalapeño
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or, if you, like me, are grill-less, turn the broiler on.
- Grill/broil peaches over direct heat for 5 minutes per side.
- When cool enough to handle, chop peaches into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, garlic and lime juice.
- Place in the refrigerator or serve immediately.