If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is from a file of party recipes. I was throwing one, and my sister suggested gazpacho in shot glasses, served from a tray of ice, with a tiny dot of sour cream squirted on top. I did that, because even at my age I still do everything she tells me to do. And it was a hit. Allison says it's an old recipe from my mother, but I don't remember every having it as a kid. It's super easy, and very 1970s to me. "Marsha, Jan: your cold soup is ready!" And it's delicious. I do not know why. - ENunn
- 3 cups chopped ripe tomato
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt (trust me)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- 3 dashes Tabasco (or more, to taste)
- 10 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender. Refrigerate until completely chilled, of course. Don't leave out the green pepper even if you hate them, like I do. It's really great in this. Serve with a dollop of plain non-fat yogurt (Allison) or a blob of sour cream (me), and snippets of chive.