Author Notes: Seared sweet tomatoes, creamy pesto, long noodles - happiness in a bowl ... this is another summer comfort pasta. This will make more pesto than you need, but it keeps in the fridge a few days and freezes well too. - aargersi
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup pecan halfs
- 6 lemon verbena leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- olive oil for the pan
- 8 ounces buccatini (or other long pasta)
- pinch of salt
- Make the pesto - everything into the food processor along with a pinch of salt. Blend, taste, adjust salt.
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Cut the tomatoes in half and lightly salt the cut side, Coat the bottom of a very large skillet with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Sear the tomatoes, cut side down, until they are just hot but not cooked soft.
- Toss the pasta, tomatoes along with pan juices and a good dollop of the pesto together and serve. There - how easy was that?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes