If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Seared sweet tomatoes, creamy pesto, long noodles - happiness in a bowl ... this is another summer comfort pasta. This will make more pesto than you need, but it keeps in the fridge a few days and freezes well too. —aargersi
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup pecan halfs
- 6 lemon verbena leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- olive oil for the pan
- 8 ounces buccatini (or other long pasta)
- pinch of salt
- Make the pesto - everything into the food processor along with a pinch of salt. Blend, taste, adjust salt.
- Cook the pasta according to directions. Cut the tomatoes in half and lightly salt the cut side, Coat the bottom of a very large skillet with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Sear the tomatoes, cut side down, until they are just hot but not cooked soft.
- Toss the pasta, tomatoes along with pan juices and a good dollop of the pesto together and serve. There - how easy was that?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
A lassi to love
Summertime rosé cocktails.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.