If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my take on pasta alla puttanesca, that salty somewhat spicy pasta that legend tells the ladies of the night would make . Mine isn't a quick sauce, but rather a roasted one which highlights the saltiness of the anchovies and olives and the sweet freshness of the tomato. You may worry that the sauce is too salty, but after combining with the pasta, you'll see that it's perfect! - inpatskitchen
- 2 pints small cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 8 anchovy fillets, packed in oil and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 10 ounces dry pasta
- Stir the tomato paste into the white wine until it dissolves.
- In a 9 x13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish, combine the tomatoes, wine and tomato paste mixture, garlic, anchovies, olives, crushed red pepper, capers and olive oil.
- Roast the mixture uncovered for about an hour at 350F until the tomatoes start to soften and wrinkle a bit.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions just before the sauce is finished.
- When the sauce comes out of the oven, use the back of a slotted spoon to "break up" a few of the tomatoes.
- Stir the oregano and basil into the sauce and combine with the hot cooked pasta. Serve it up nice and hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Canned Fish Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.