Author Notes: I had a package of miso that I bought for a particular recipe sitting in my fridge for a while. I never used it for anything else and wanted to use it up before it went bad, so for a few weeks I went on a kick of "what else can I put miso in?". I thought tomato and miso might be an odd combination, but they taste suprisingly good together. - VanessaS
- 1 1/2 pound assorted cherry and pear tomatoes
- 3 green onions, white and light green parts only, very thinly sliced.
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon hacho miso
- 1 teaspoon shoyu
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 sheet of nori, cut into 3 inch lengths and then thinly sliced
- Halve the tomatoes and place in a medium bowl with the green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger, miso, shoyu, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and lemon juice. Toss the tomatoes with the dressing and fold in the nori slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes