Author Notes: A nice side dish to go with something grilled or a light main for the summer. - inpatskitchen
Makes 3 to 4 side servings
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini about 8 inches long
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- Chicken broth for cooking the noodles ( or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini into ribbons about 1/2 inch wide until you reach the seeds. Cut the ribbons into pieces about 2 inches long, place them in a colander and toss with the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes rinse the zucchini thoroughly and pat dry with paper toweling. Place into a serving bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in the bowl along with the crushed garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cook the noodles in the broth. Drain, reserving some of the broth. Stir the butter into the noodles and then toss with the vegetable mixture. Add a little reserved broth to loosen and season with salt and pepper. Eat right away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes