If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nice side dish to go with something grilled or a light main for the summer. - inpatskitchen
Makes 3 to 4 side servings
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini about 8 inches long
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- Chicken broth for cooking the noodles ( or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini into ribbons about 1/2 inch wide until you reach the seeds. Cut the ribbons into pieces about 2 inches long, place them in a colander and toss with the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes rinse the zucchini thoroughly and pat dry with paper toweling. Place into a serving bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in the bowl along with the crushed garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cook the noodles in the broth. Drain, reserving some of the broth. Stir the butter into the noodles and then toss with the vegetable mixture. Add a little reserved broth to loosen and season with salt and pepper. Eat right away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
As the Romans "Stew"
A rustic mix of seasonal vegetables
An Italian Spring Stew.
DIY Moss Tabletop Garden
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Eat Bagels for Lunch