Author Notes: An abundance of vine ripe golden cherry tomatoes challenged me to develop a recipe that used a quantity of these sweet gems. I literally threw them in a pot with a few of my favorite Asian flavor accents. The result was more than the sum of its parts. - REC
Makes 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups halved golden cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Coat bottom of a medium sized pan with the oil; heat over medium high heat.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger root and crushed pepper; simmer 15 minutes..
- Add the vinegar and cook 5-10 minutes more or till a jam-like consistency. Depending on usage serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Easily doubles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
Tags: healthful and versatile