If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love peach cobbler and started experimenting with different variations on the theme. This is one of the recipes I came up with. It is great when made with fresh peaches in season, but works just as well with frozen peaches during the winter months. This tart is definitely best enjoyed the same day it is baked when it is still slightly warm or at room temperature. - Terri9112
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
Peach Filling and Biscuit Topping
- 1 pound sliced, peeled peaches (fresh or frozen, slightly thawed)
- 1/4 cup good quality peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons peach nectar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- For Crust: Spray a 9-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until dough just comes together. Press the mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- For Peach Filling: In a food processor, pulse peaches and preserves until mixture is coarsely chopped. Place peach mixture in a medium saucepan; add the peach nectar, bourbon, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and the consistency of jam, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake crust until light golden brown around edges and dry to touch, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Spread filling over crust, leaving a ¼-inch border around edge.
- For Biscuit Topping: In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or fingertips cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in heavy cream, mixing until just combined. The dough will be slightly sticky, but manageable. Do not over work. Drop biscuit topping over peach filling. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until topping is light golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Transfer to wire rack and cool 30 minutes.
- To Serve: Remove sides of spring form pan. Cut tart into 8 wedges. Dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Bell of the Ball
Stuffed peppers that are herbly wonderful.
The classiest peppers on the 'net.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.