Author Notes: I've had so much corn in my house lately that I've been whipping up all sorts of recipes. This one is a roasted corn recipe with a delicious smokey bacon dressing. My sister and I enjoyed this one night with some yummy red wine and relaxed!
http://brusselsforbreak.blogspot.com/2011/08/ohh-corn-you-make-summer-so-sweet.html - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 4 servings
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon (cut into pieces)
- 1 head Napa cabbage
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Shuck the corn and cut the kernels off onto a baking sheet. Coat the corn in olive oil, salt and pepper and toss into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- While corn is roasting, heat medium saute pan over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to crisp up (about 10 minutes). Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, keeping the bacon fat in the pan.
- Lower heat to medium and add the apple cider vinegar and onions to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn and cabbage. Pour all the contents from the saute pan with the onions over the corn and cabbage. Add the bacon, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad until all cabbage is coated in the delicious bacon fat and vinegar. Serve immediately and enjoy with family and friends on a hot summer night!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring