Author Notes: For corn purists here is a simple recipe. You can decide how much cream sauce to serve with the corn. This can be more like a fresh corn chowder with a generous sauce serving. - Sagegreen
- @ 1/2 cup of water
- @ 2 cups of corn cut of the cob
- pinch of kosher salt
- fresh milled black pepper, to taste
- @ 1/4-1/3 cup of crème fraîche
- @ 2 tbl. of basil, mint, and lemon verbena, chiffonade style
- inch of Maldon salt flakes or other finishing salt
- Place the water and corn in a pan. Scrape a knife against the grain of the cobs to milk any juice from the cob to add to the pan. Add some salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, uncovered and cook for 4-6 minutes until at least half of the water boils off. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the crème fraîche until it melts like butter. Stir in the fresh herbs. Add a finishing salt and serve warm.
Tags: sweet and savory