Author Notes: I love kale, but I get bored with the same old thing: sauteed kale, kale chips, kale in smoothies. This recipe is a spin on sauteed kale that will for sure challenge your taste buds! - Cheryl Paswater
Serves 2-4 people
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion
- 2 teaspoons Garlic
- splashes White Wine Vinegar
- 3-4 pinches Cinnamon
- 2-3 pinches Salt
- 1-2 pinch Black Pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Water
- Wash and dry your kale. Cut out the stems and cut the kale into approximately 2 inch pieces.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and add the onions. Cook until they start to get translucent on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minutes and then lower the heat to medium/low.
- Next, add the kale and keep tossing it in the skillet. Once the kale starts to get a rich green color you'll add salt and pepper and then you'll start adding some water (2-3 tablespoons at a time) and cover the skillet with a lid to allow the kale to steam a bit. Cook like this for another 2-3 minutes
- Once the kale is tender and cooked through you'll add a splash of white wine vinegar and the cinnamon. Toss for another 1-2 minutes and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens