If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a similar salad at Central Market and I decided to recreate my own version! - misschels
- 1 bunch fresh kale, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Using a cutting board, cut the kale, removing the excess stem, cutting in a 'V' motion going up into the green but not too far. About an inch or so where the stem is surrounded by greens, but still thick.
- Once the excess stem is removed, it is time to cut the leaves. I like my greens bite size, so I continue with an angled motion, cutting off from both sides.
- Place the cut kale leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- Juice the lemon over the kale, making sure to catch the seeds as you are juicing. Drizzle the kale with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Using your hands, gently toss the kale with the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, making sure that each green is covered. Then add the dried cranberries and slivered almonds, toss once more. Chill for 1 hour or more in the refrigerator, the longer the salad marinates, the better.