If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based on a favorite dish from the local Thai restaurant. The peanut sauce with the kale is my favorite part. —NicoleVeg
- 8 ounces Brown Rice noodles
- 15 ounces Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinches cayenne pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups kale
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix Tamari, ginger, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper and freshly ground black pepper into a container that can be sealed with the tofu. Mix the liquids and add tofu, coat and allow to sit and marinade. Cayenne pepper can be increased or decreased on the amount of heat desired in the dish. I like this dish to have flavor but not super-spicey.
- Get a pan of water going to cook the noodles, this can be done in advance and sit in cold water until ready to be added to the dish. Mix the peanut butter and warm water together. The amount of PB/water can be adjusted on taste.
- Chop the onion, add to a large saute pan or wok in which ~2tbls of olive oil has been added on medium high heat. Saute till cooked, usually starts turning brown. with a slotted spoon remove the tofu from the marinade. The marinade will be mixed with the peanut butter. Sautee’ the Tofu with the onion till it browns. Remove the onion and tofu, can add to the peanut butter mixture or put into another dish.
- Add ~2tbls olive oil to the same pan and sautee’ the chopped broccoli for about 3 mins on medium high heat. At this point reduce the heat to medium low and add the tofu, onion and peanut butter and tamari mixture to the pan. Stir then add the kale. Cook until the kale is coated and starts to wilt. Add the noodles to the pan and toss/ stir till everything is coated. It’s done and time to enjoy!
- Variations: Replace kale with spinach. I have used portabella mushrooms in place of the tofu and have added more liquid (tamari and peanut butter mixture for more sauce)
Tags: Good hot or cold
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.