If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why waste empty calories on over-salted, unoriginal potato chips, when you can get all the health benefits of kale plus a truly satisfying crunch and taste. These are so easy and even vegetable-haters (cough, my boyfriend) have been clinically proven to love these.
P.S. This is in no way meant to slight potato chips... because I really, really love potato chips. It's because of that fact that I need to sometimes rely on a healthier alternative.
P.P.S. Any spices you want can be used here- I just love lemon and it works so well with the crispy kale. —totalnoms
Serves 2, or 1 if you're feeling crazy
- 3-4 large kale leaves (lacinato or curly works fine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Tear kale into bite size pieces, leaving out the tough stem. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove kale from oven, sprinkle with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Enjoy this surprisingly delicious and nutritious snack to the MAX.
Tags: great for parties
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
A Zucchini Spaghetti to Fawn Over
A fried and fabulous classic
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Just for the halibut.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.