Author Notes: Why waste empty calories on over-salted, unoriginal potato chips, when you can get all the health benefits of kale plus a truly satisfying crunch and taste. These are so easy and even vegetable-haters (cough, my boyfriend) have been clinically proven to love these.
P.S. This is in no way meant to slight potato chips... because I really, really love potato chips. It's because of that fact that I need to sometimes rely on a healthier alternative.
P.P.S. Any spices you want can be used here- I just love lemon and it works so well with the crispy kale. - totalnoms
Serves 2, or 1 if you're feeling crazy
- 3-4 large kale leaves (lacinato or curly works fine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Tear kale into bite size pieces, leaving out the tough stem. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove kale from oven, sprinkle with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Enjoy this surprisingly delicious and nutritious snack to the MAX.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
Tags: great for parties