If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my weeklong quest to happily use a crate of peaches, I made this salsa to go with some grilled fish. My goal was to use every fresh ingredient on my counter, and this is the result. The sweeter the peaches and the melon, and the juicer the tomato, the better.
Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups ripe and sweet peaches, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup very sweet melon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 ripe, juicy tomato, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon country mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, Grade B
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 or 2 splash Sriracha sauce or your own concoction
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Place the chopped peaches, melon, onion, tomato and cilantro in a bowl.
- Make a vinaigrette with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Pour over contents in bowl and mix gently.
- Add the lime juice, the hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Adjust your seasonings as you prefer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs