If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's the peakof berry season in Italy. Fresh berries populate local markets and invited me to bake these wholesome muffins. Gluten free and not too sweet, they go well with whatever break you want to take during the day. Suggestion: eat one with a glass of milk...There's few things better. - Valeria Necchio
- 1 cup red currants
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup rolled oats, soaked in little water
- 1 free-range egg, slightly beated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Coat two muffin pans with 12 small, square pieces of parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix all wet ingredients (egg, oil, milk).
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, oat, salt and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add currants. Mix until combined. Don't overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes, until puffy and golden.
- Let them cool on a rack before serving.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls