Author Notes: A regular style of coleslaw at our table, particularly during
the summer. Goes well with BBQ's, slathered on pizza,
or just stuffed into the middle of a sandwich. Keeps for about 5 days in the fridge. - Delainey
Makes good sized bowl
- half white cabbage
- 16 ounces Hellman's mayonaisse
- 3 tablespoons Medium Curry powder
- 3 tablespoons Mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large carrots (preferably organic)
- Shred cabbage finely into a large bowl, using a mandoline if possible, or else a serrated knife works well. Make sure not to grate the core. Peel and grate carrots using largest holes on grater and add to cabbage. Sprinkle over salt & black pepper and mix through. In a bowl, combine Hellmans, curry powder and mango chutney. Taste to make sure you have enough curry powder and chutney. Add half to two thirds of the mayonaisse mix to cabbage and carrots. Gradually add more if needed - you need a good wet mix but not too sloppy. Leftover curried mayonaisse can be used in sandwiches etc. Chill, use from fridge.
Tags: Good all rounder.