If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The only problem with this recipe is that you should have thought of it last week. Depending on how ripe (or unripe) your pears are, infusing the vodka so that it tastes like liquid pears with a wallop can take from three days to a week. For those in a hurry, you can sub the Grey Goose La Poire for the homemade infusion and add some fresh pear puree. -wssmom - wssmom
Food52 Review: This is one of the best alcoholic drinks I have had in some time. The last time I had a 'pear' drink, it was vodka with pears that had been soaked in vodka, hanging around in the drink. I still remember the stiff taste of that drink. This wonderful peartini had a perfect finish with every sip. The boozy pear puree smoothed out the vodka perfectly, so the drink had depth and satisfaction. It was a perfectly balanced infusion. I have friends waiting to taste a peartini after they had to hear about it all weekend. I reminded them good things come to those who wait, and this is for sure a good thing! - ashley_samuel_pierson - ashleychasesdinner
Makes one peartini
- 5-6 pretty ripe pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- A fifth of decent vodka
- Put the pear chunks in a clean, wide-mouth glass jar, fill with vodka, and cover. Put it in the fridge for up to a week, shaking it up every now and then. When you finally run out of patience, strain the vodka through a coffee filter into another vessel. Afterward, take the boozy pears and puree in a food processor or blender.
- 1 tablespoon of the boozy pear puree, above
- 1 1/2 ounces of the pear-infused vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces St. Germain
- Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Slice of pear, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, shake together a tablespoon of the pear puree, the vodka, and the St. Germain. Strain into a well-chilled martini glass. Float some Prosecco on top and garnish with a pear slice.