If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to admit, I can't take full credit for this creation. Rather, this dish was inspired by one dish that I had recently at may favorite Chicago restaurant, Avec. So simple, but so good. That is what makes Avec such a great spot, and what I aspire to model my style of cooking around. Not that they need any further praise, as the restaurant is hopping just about any day of the week. I've had shishito peppers before, but never with pickled feta. What a great combination--mildly spicy shishito peppers pair nicely with the briny, salty feta. Pickled feta is also a great accompaniment to sandwiches, salads, and any number of roasted vegetables (such as beets). - wildgreens
Pan-Roasted Shishito Peppers
- Shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pickled feta (see recipe below)
- course sea salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shishto peppers and cook turning occasionally, until the peppers have softened and charred in spots. Top with some crumbled, pickled feta, and course sea salt (I'm particularly fond of the course pink Hawaiian sea salt).
- 4 ounces feta, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme (used lemon thyme)
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Toss lightly. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.