Author Notes: This jam is fruity and spicy, and is not just reserved for bread! - SLD
Makes 10 cups
- juice of 1 Lemon
- juice of 1 Lime
- 3 pounds Bartlett pears
- 2 pounds sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons pear liqueur
- 5 2 cup sterilized jars with tight-fitting lids
- Peel, quarter and core pears. Cut pears into 1/4 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice and lime juice. Mix well.
- Transfer 2 pounds of the pears to a large, deep pot. Set the remaining 1 pound of pears aside.
- Add the sugar, ginger, coriander and 1 1/2 tablespoons pear liqueur to the pot. Stir well, cover, and let stand for three hours.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming the foam as necessary. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining pears and liqueur to the mixture.
- Spoon jam into sterilized jars and secure lids.
- Boil the jars for 30 minutes.
- Allow to Cool
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pears