If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a holiday favorite of mine and it really could not be simpler! Its also wonderful any time of the year! The combination or rich earthy carrots and spicy fresh ginger pair well with the crispness of the vegetables themselves! The zing of the orange and the heat of the ginger combine and really bring forth their subtlety, making them a warm winter dish and a fresh summer fling! Try adding a litte allspice and clove for a holiday feel! —Pastry Ninja
- 12 Medium Carrots
- 1/3 cup Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 cup Wildflower Honey
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 - 1 cups Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice
- Skin your ginger root and mince it. You will want pieces about the size of large grains of rice. Skin your carrots and cut them into quarters, length-wise so you have long quarter slivers. Cut your slivers into half lengths and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan pan over medium heat, melt butter then add your minced ginger and honey. Cook this mixture until it just begins to darken slightly.
- Next add your FCOJ and simmer over medium heat until the flavors meld and the mixture just begins to thicken (about 3 minutes) If you like, you can add a small handful of whole cloves here for a nice seasonal flavor.
- Add your slivered carrots and toss to coat evenly. simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until the carrots just begin to soften slightly.
- Remove carrots and strain of excess liquid. Serve hot! This recipe is an excellent side for many different occasions! It even makes for a nice change if your not in the mood for cranberries at your holiday feast!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
How to clean and organize your kitchen—and keep it that way
Get your kitchen clutter under control.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
A chef's kids' lunch.
Storage made crystal clear.