If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those recipes that you can fancy up on serveware like I did in the picture or you can just feed it to the family. You could customize it anyway you want: Change out the pecans for almonds, sub in honey for maple syrup, use less butter or purple carrots. This is a nice recipe in that it does not have too many ingredients or complicated steps. If you make this I am fairly certain that it will in turn make you happy. Unless, of course, you are massively ticked at your spouse. Then you might be on the wrong site in general and should probably head over to something like twofingersofscotch.com.
Whatever you have on hand just give this a go. I don't think you will regret it. Don't get all stressed out over the butter and sugar. Most of it remains on the sheet and serves as a base. It calls for a cup of the pecans because you will probably taste them along the way. You could dial those down a bit. That would be a mistake, but you could do it.
Serves 4 to 6
Roasted Carrots with Orange Zest
- 2 bunches carrots with tops (~ 2lbs)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
- 1 large orange, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel carrots leaving the tops on.
- Line up carrots in the same direction on the baking sheet, then with scissors cut the excess foliage of the tops so it all fits on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar over carrots.
- Place butter pats over the brown sugar.
- Place in oven on mid to top rack, bake in oven at 350 for 45 minutes, turning each occasionally with tongs or a fork and scoop sauce over carrots as necessary. (approximately 3 times during baking).
- While carrots are roasting, make pecans & zest orange if you have not already.
- Once carrots are finished, remove from oven, arrange on serving platter (or stay on the baking sheet if you like), sprinkle orange zest over carrots then drizzle pecans and pecan sauce.
Fleur de Sel Maple Candied Pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 cup of pecans, let bubble.
- Stir until mixture thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Take off heat, stir in 1/8 teaspoon fleur de sel. Let cool. Mixture will continue to thicken while cooling.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.