If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My good friend Patti aka InPatsKitchen gave me a recipe for her "Best Ever Scalloped Potatoes" years ago. At our house rutabaga and parsnips are a favorite. When thinking about the contest this week I thought of the yummy scalloped potatoes and decided to try putting a medley together. The result was well received!
This could easily be made vegan by using vegetable stock and a non dairy margarine. —GiGi26
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion sliced very thin and rings separated
- 1 small rutabaga peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 parsnips peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Boiling Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Paprika for color
- In a well greased 2 quart casserole layer, rutabaga, onion, carrots, onion, parsnips, onion, potato, lightly salt and pepper between each layer. Repeat layering ending with potatoes on top.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, stir in flour until well blended. Whisk in stock and stir constantly until the mixture is boiling and thickens.
- Pour over casserole and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the top is golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
Freeze It Right There
Frozen desserts like they're meant to be
All we want is frozen dessert.
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Your poolside essentials.
Recipe of the Day