If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love roasted vegetables because they are easy and delicious, and a particularly tasty method for cooking root vegetables. Here I use sweet potatoes and celery root, but you could really use what you have. I happened to have some duck fat in the fridge, so I tired that instead of my usual olive oil. With the thyme, I think this dish has an earthy quality. - cristinasciarra
Serves 4 small portions
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 celery root
- 1 shallot
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- small handful of thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup cup duck fat
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel and chop: sweet potato, celery root, shallot, onion and garlic. Place on a foil-protected baking sheet.
- In a small sauté pan, melt duck fat on medium-low heat.
- Toss the vegetables with melted duck fat, salt, pepper and thyme sprigs.
- Roast for about an hour, or until vegetables are soft on the inside and slightly caramelized on the outside.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side