If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the holiday season, I begin to yearn for a vegetable sans cream or butter. This crunchy salad is so restorative and the whole spices give it plenty of zip. The flavor continues to improve after several hours in the fridge. —student epicure
- 6 large carrots, roughly grated
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or oil or butter)
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoons chili powder or cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- Combine carrots, yogurt, and coconut in a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee or oil in a small sauce pan. When very hot, but not smoking, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let fry until the mustard seeds start to pop, then immediately remove and pour over the carrots. Sprinkle on the coriander and chili powder and toss. Season with salt. Serve right away or chill for several hours to improve flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.