If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mix of textures make a hearty filling salad--wilted chard, smooth white beans and silky torn lasagna seasoned with pimenton and cumin. See more at http://threecleversisters.com/2011/04/22/swiss-chard-and-white-bean-salad-with-torn-lasagna/ —sarabclever
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1.5 pounds swiss chard (approximately)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika (pimenton)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 lemons, juiced.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 4 ounces cooked lasagna noodles (torn) or other pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup choped fresh cilantro
- Rinse the chard in cool water and drain (but some water clinging to the leaves is fine). Cut off the stems (reserve for another use), and roughly chop.
- Heat 1/4c olive oil in a large skillet or braising pan and briefly saute the garlic for about 30 seconds (or until the aroma rises).
- Stir in the paprika and cumin, and then add the chard to the pan and hold the heat at medium-low. There will be so much chard that it will be nearly impossible to turn, but after a few minutes you can carefully stir. The leaves at the bottom of the pile will have wilted and shrunken substantially in volume. Using a spatula, bring these greens to the top and fold the chard at the top underneath so these can wilt as well. Allow to simmer and steam in the water that is released in the process and stir gently from time to time, always bringing the fresher leaves to the bottom until all the leaves have gently cooked down.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the second 1/4 c of oil. Taste and adjust for salt.
- Add the beans, lasagna, and chard. You can stir in a bit of liquid that has been released during cooking as well.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.