If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like a salad that's a little bruising. I want some crunch, some bitterness, and plenty of clear acidity. Bonus points for pungent flavor. Italian puntarelle with anchovy dressing is my all-time favorite. Do you wish to join me in my feisty salad camp? If so, I have a radish number that will please you deeply and keep vampires away. Or at least a few friends. For this salad you want peppery (but not fiery) radishes. Cut them into thin wedges. Make a sauce with anchovy, garlic, lemon, and capers. And dress the radishes shortly before serving, otherwise the radishes begin to weep and the anchovy sauce loses its mojo. - Amanda - Amanda Hesser
- 1 large bunch radishes
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped capers
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped flatleaf parsley
- Trim tops and tails from the radishes. Scrub them well. Slice each radish into 4 wedges (if small) or 6 wedges (if large).
- With a mortar and pestle (or in a mini food processor), mash the anchovy, garlic, and a pinch of salt to a paste. Mix in the lemon juice, then slowly blend in the oil, adding it in a thread-thin stream as you mix. Fold in the capers.
- Add the sauce and parsley to the radishes and fold until well blended. Adjust lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve within 30 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!