If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With only 3 ingredients, what's not to love? Acorn squash finally has a place in our home (besides being part of a decorative centerpiece!) - and to throw in some bacon? You've got breakfast in no time! - mtlabor
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set a salted pot of water to boil under medium heat. Add acorn squash and boil just for a few minutes (maybe 4-5) to parboil. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet under medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes or so. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove all the bacon grease, except for about 1 to 2 tablespoons. Add onions to skillet and cook under medium heat until starting to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add in acorn squash and cook until browned, about 5 minutes or so, and stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon and season with salt and pepper, if needed.