Author Notes: With only 3 ingredients, what's not to love? Acorn squash finally has a place in our home (besides being part of a decorative centerpiece!) - and to throw in some bacon? You've got breakfast in no time! - mtlabor
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set a salted pot of water to boil under medium heat. Add acorn squash and boil just for a few minutes (maybe 4-5) to parboil. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet under medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes or so. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove all the bacon grease, except for about 1 to 2 tablespoons. Add onions to skillet and cook under medium heat until starting to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add in acorn squash and cook until browned, about 5 minutes or so, and stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon and season with salt and pepper, if needed.