If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made Ina Garten's Parmesan Roasted Broccoli dozens of times since it first appeared in her book, Back to Basics. When thinking about preparing the beautiful, pearly cauliflower, I knew I wanted to incorporate some of Ina's flavors in my dish, but I also wanted to add a few different touches. I have kept the preparation intact, but subbed a number of ingredients. This dish has heat, crunch, a touch of lemon, and of course, a little creaminess of cheese to mellow it all out. - Bevi
Serves 4 portions
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, broken into flowerets of equal size - about the size of a large grape
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons dried and crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper - large pinches of each
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 3/4 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the cauliflower flowerets on a large baking sheet pan and spread so you have one layer. Drizzle the olive oil over the flowerets, and then sprinkle on the crushed red pepper, the salt, and the pepper. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients. Place in the oven.
- Meanwhile, assemble your other ingredients. After about 10-15 minutes, turn the cauliflower with a large spatula so you get an even roast on all sides.
- Allow the cauliflower to roast for a total of about 25 to 30 minutes, depending on how brown you like your cauliflower. Pull from the oven, and immediately add the rest of the ingredients. Toss thoroughly, and serve with additional lemon wedges or an aioli if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.