If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a quick and easy side that's perfect for a weeknight dinner. a surprisingly rich flavor, too! - plumsintheicebox
- 15 pieces brussels sprouts
- 4 pieces small leeks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 splashes honey
- 2 splashes balsamic olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Wash your leeks REALLY well, then chop off the white bulby end and the dark green leafy end, too. Slice the rest lengthwise and then slice horizontally into imprecise chunks (not the nice even circles leeks naturally lend themselves to).
- Wash the brussels sprouts and chop off their ends, then remove any sketchy-looking discolored or spotted leaves.
- 4. Toss all of these veggies in a roasting pan. Add a few generous glugs of olive oil, about 1 tbsp and half of balsamic vinegar, and then drizzle it all with some big sqiggles of honey. Mix this all up with your hands and then wash your hands because they will be dirty. I'm being imprecise on measurements here, but this is really about your taste. Make sure you have a higher ratio of oil to vinegar and you're set.
- 5. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, then mix it all up with a wooden spoon or other tool.
- 6. Bake for about 25 minutes, but periodically take the pan out and shake it so the vegetables get evenly roasted. The leeks will be darker than the brussels sprouts.