If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cranberry sauce is especially great with a deep fried turkey The spicy, complex flavors cut through the rich crispy skin that we all love. Use one or two peppers depending on your taste and the heat of the individual peppers. The recipe calls for one cup of light brown sugar, I use a little less to keep some tartness. The Grand Marnier, brown sugar and honey all add layers of flavor to this sauce. This is a very easy yet exciting addition to your holiday dinner table, picnic, or turkey club sandwich. - bill
Makes 2 1/4 cups
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 piece zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 piece finely minced jalapeño pepper, no stems or seeds.
- 1. Bring OJ, sugar, honey and Grand Marnier to boil in sauce pan.
- 2. Add cranberries, orange zest and pepper and return to boil.
- 3. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Pour sauce into bowl, cover and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce