If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the week when I have less time to experiment and am more focused on eating right rather perfecting my pie crust skills I tend towards veggie laden healthy fat whole grain meals. This is one of them ... - aargersi
- 6 ounces long pasta (I use a whole wheat linguini that I buy at the Farmer's Market)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups chopped mixed greens - I used turnip, mustard and collards
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Peel and slice the onion - I cut the halves into 3 and slice those. Heat a large skillet to medium and add the olive oil, then the onion. Stir and coat, then season the onion with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are deep golden brown. Do not get distracted by your new glowing bat decoration and burn them.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Add the greens, rosemary and sherry to the onions, and cook until the greens are nicely wilted but not mush. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, then drain it quickly so there is still some water in there, and dump it into the skillet with the greens. Toss this around, then add the cream cheese in chunks and toss gently.
- Serve topped with a sprinling of parmesan cheese.