If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This zucchini recipe uses a LOT of flavor, but don't be scared of it. When I created this , I was a little nervous about all the flavors myself, but it came together so well. You get some zing from the vinegar, but everything is mellowed by the goat cheese. Give it a try! - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 4 servings
For the Orzo
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 zucchinis (any variety, halved)
- 1 vine ripened tomato (quartered)
- 1 spring onion (quartered)
- 5 cloves garlic (whole, in peel)
- 1 cup goat cheese with cracked peppe
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium high heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, tomatoes, onions and garlic cloves in olive oil with salt and pepper. Add veggies to grill (I used my grill pan but if you use a grill you may want to use some foil for the garlic). Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until the veggies have a nice brown crust and the garlic is soft.
- Remove from the grill and cut everything into bite size pieces. Remove garlic from the peel and mince. Grilled garlic might be one of my favorite things in the world. The spicy bite is tamed from grilling, and it becomes almost sweet.
- As the veggies are grilling, whisk together your vinaigrette. In a small bowl, combine olive and sesame oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and zest, honey, Dijon mustard, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Cook the orzo as the package says. Drain in a colander and return to pan. Add the veggies, garlic, butter and vinaigrette to the orzo. Mix to combine until the butter is melted. Serve with a hefty portion of goat cheese on top. This dish is delicious both warm and cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins
Wholesome, jammy, Genius.
Style with a breeze.