- 2 cups type 00 flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- olive oil
- Get a skillet pretty warm (medium high) and add some olive oil to the bottom so your bread doesn’t burn.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Start adding water, about 1/4 cup at a time, and mixing thoroughly until you have a dough that’s “together” enough to knead.
- Knead the dough until smooth, spread into a thin pancake, and then fry on both sides (depending on your pan, this may need to be split into 2).
Baked Beans, Spinach and Eggs
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C / 375F.
- In an oven proof skillet, saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the beans, tomato, and rosemary. Warm up until it bubbles and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with spinach, and then crack 2 eggs into the dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until egg whites are no longer runny.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II