If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To me this is a perfect breakfast bread: it's moist and flavorful, a bit sweet but only just, and with the whole grains, pears and honey you can still feel like you are starting the day out right). See blog post at http://threecleversisters.com/2011/11/02/pear-honey-buckwheat-bread/ - sarabclever
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pear, peeled and cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- Preheat the oven to 325. Butter a 9 inch loaf pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large bowl and add the dry ingredient mixture in 2 additions, stirring until just barely combined. Fold in the diced pear
- Scrape into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Tent with foil if it starts to brown too quickly (honey-sweetened dishes tend to do this).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then finish cooling on a rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Breakfast Baked Good
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II