Author Notes: To me this is a perfect breakfast bread: it's moist and flavorful, a bit sweet but only just, and with the whole grains, pears and honey you can still feel like you are starting the day out right). See blog post at http://threecleversisters.com/2011/11/02/pear-honey-buckwheat-bread/ - sarabclever
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pear, peeled and cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- Preheat the oven to 325. Butter a 9 inch loaf pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large bowl and add the dry ingredient mixture in 2 additions, stirring until just barely combined. Fold in the diced pear
- Scrape into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Tent with foil if it starts to brown too quickly (honey-sweetened dishes tend to do this).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then finish cooling on a rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast II