Author Notes: Streamlining a slaw recipe these are the essential ingredients. - Sagegreen
- 1 cup of matchstick mango slices, generously seasoned with a pinch of coarse salt (pink Himalayan or rose Bolivian) and cracked pepper
- 1 cup finely julienned radiccio
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tbls of rice vinegar
- Affter chopping the mango julienned-style, add the pinch of salt and pepper. Let rest. Chop the raddicio. Toss together.
- Add the juice of the lime and toss gently. Finally toss in the chopped cilantro and toss with the addition of the rice vinegar. Chill for about an hour and serve. For a variation you could add some chopped red onion, a little fresh grated ginger and fresh chopped mint.