If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you make a great Sunday roast, you want something to mop up that gravy. A yorkshire pudding is not a dessert but a kind of souffle roll that was made to go with a hearty dinner. The old "Joy of Cooking" has you make the batter from warm milk and eggs, then refrigerate and bring back to room temp. I never seem to be that organized and I'm lucky to have the 15-20 minutes while the roast rests. If you remember to get your milk, butter and eggs to room temp--good for you! If not, just follow the easy shortcuts and you won't notice a difference! If you don't have a popover pan--no worries--a jumbo muffin (Texas) pan on a baking sheet works great! - lorigoldsby
- scant 1 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (bruised)
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 2 eggs
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons oil (divided 4- 1/2 t. in each well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet put a "Texas" sized muffin pan with 1/2 t. of oil in the bottom of 4 wells. Warm tray in oven while you prepare the mix.
- Mix flour and salt together. "Bruise" your salt by pinching it and rubbing it into the flour to make the coarse granuals smaller.
- Put half n half and water in bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to warm.
- Add eggs to warm milk/water. Allow to set for a few minutes to warm the eggs. Whisk together.
- Mix wet into dry and whisk til bubbles form. Allow to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Take sheet out of oven, add a "slice" of butter to the oil.. The butter should bubble if the oil is hot enough. Stir to mix the oil and butter
- Pour mixture into each of the 4 cups. Bake for 20-24 minutes. They should rise like a souffle.
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.