Author Notes: I love coming up with recipes I can throw together with staples -- items I always have on hand -- with no prior planning. This is a great light and healthy snack that I whipped up when I was too busy to think about a full meal. Something to hold you over and keep you satisfied and focused while getting your work done. - HeatherPierceG
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi plum vinegar (or brown rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon gomasio (sea salt + sesame seed mixture) or toasted sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 toasted nori sheets
- Grate carrots (after peeling) and place into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, add ginger, sesame oil, and vinegar. Whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add sesame oil dressing to the carrots and mix until well combined. Sprinkle with gomasio or toasted sesame seeds and serve as is, or...
- Gently lay carrot-ginger salad topped with avocado slices on a nori sheet, roll up, slice, and eat!