If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love coming up with recipes I can throw together with staples -- items I always have on hand -- with no prior planning. This is a great light and healthy snack that I whipped up when I was too busy to think about a full meal. Something to hold you over and keep you satisfied and focused while getting your work done. —HeatherPierceG
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi plum vinegar (or brown rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon gomasio (sea salt + sesame seed mixture) or toasted sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 toasted nori sheets
- Grate carrots (after peeling) and place into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, add ginger, sesame oil, and vinegar. Whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add sesame oil dressing to the carrots and mix until well combined. Sprinkle with gomasio or toasted sesame seeds and serve as is, or...
- Gently lay carrot-ginger salad topped with avocado slices on a nori sheet, roll up, slice, and eat!
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.