If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious and a very colorful recipe.The use of red,yellow and orange peppers with carrots and peas enlivens the dish. I always mix a bag of multigrain pasta to my regular pasta to get more fiber and protein.You can use either.I got the idea of fennel seeds from the Hot Italian Sausage sold in the stores,and it does wonders in the flavor department!Instead of chicken mince you can use chicken or pork sausage.
For the vegetarian version you can basically use any vegetable that's in your fridge.Its equally delicious. - Soni's Food
- 4 cups Penne Pasta
- 1 pound Chicken Mince
- 1 Large Onion
- 6 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 each of red, yellow and orange peppers chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Peas
- 15 ounces can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- Pasta: Boil pasta according to the instructions.Make sure to salt your pasta nicely since that is the only way you can flavor the pasta.Reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Sauce: In a pan, heat olive oil and add the chicken mince along with a little salt,crushed garlic, red chilli flakes and fennel seeds.Let it brown a little bit and then add the onions.Saute for about a minute and add all the vegetables.Add the crushed tomatoes, little water and the oregano.Mix well and let it boil on high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer until all the vegetables and chicken are cooked.Add 2 tbsp of the reserved pasta water to thicken the sauce.Add the cooked pasta and mix well.Drizzle with some olive oil and parmesan cheese.Serve hot!