If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My fig tree has struggled for several years because my DH always thought it was in the way and kept on taking the trimmer to it, but I finally had another really messy tree near it removed and the fig tree has a different direction to grow in that is not in the way and this year I had many figs and late into the fig season I still have a few hopefuls.
The picture is of my last batch of figs that I simply halved, spread with Cambozola cheese, wrapped in prosciutto and heated in a hot oven just enough to slightly crisp the prosciutto, but thoroughly melt the cheese. - ibbeachnana
Food52 Review: Ibbeachnana's appetizer came as a blessing when I realized I needed to put together a few one-bite appetizers that required no major cooking time. Very sweet and ripe figs, delicious triple creme cambozola, and crispy prosciutto make the perfect three -ingredient appetizer that covers creamy, rich, crispy, sweet, and savory in one wonderful bite. I love the formula, seven figs, seven dabs of cheese, and seven slices of prosciutto—all baked for seven minutes! Obviously you can double or triple this recipe. I reduced some balsamic vinegar for a nice touch, but if you have any kind of balsamic or fig syrup, as ibbeachnana suggests, your life is made even easier! Thanks for a great, quick solution to appetizer frenzy! - Bevi
Makes 14 halves
- 7 clean and halved fresh figs
- 7+ teaspoons Cambozola cheese
- 7 slices prosciutto, halved length wise
- Clean, dry, and halve the figs, spread with a little cambozola (1-1-1/2 teaspoons) wrap with 1/2 slice prosciutto (cover cheese completely). Preheat oven to 350° and roast until a slight crispiness on the prosciutto 7 minutes or so, Serve warm drizzled with Balsamic Cream or fig balsamic.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls