Author Notes: My fig tree has struggled for several years because my DH always thought it was in the way and kept on taking the trimmer to it, but I finally had another really messy tree near it removed and the fig tree has a different direction to grow in that is not in the way and this year I had many figs and late into the fig season I still have a few hopefuls.
The picture is of my last batch of figs that I simply halved, spread with Cambozola cheese, wrapped in prosciutto and heated in a hot oven just enough to slightly crisp the prosciutto, but thoroughly melt the cheese. - ibbeachnana
Food52 Review: Ibbeachnana's appetizer came as a blessing when I realized I needed to put together a few one-bite appetizers that required no major cooking time. Very sweet and ripe figs, delicious triple creme cambozola, and crispy prosciutto make the perfect three -ingredient appetizer that covers creamy, rich, crispy, sweet, and savory in one wonderful bite. I love the formula, seven figs, seven dabs of cheese, and seven slices of prosciutto—all baked for seven minutes! Obviously you can double or triple this recipe. I reduced some balsamic vinegar for a nice touch, but if you have any kind of balsamic or fig syrup, as ibbeachnana suggests, your life is made even easier! Thanks for a great, quick solution to appetizer frenzy! - Bevi
Makes 14 halves
- 7 clean and halved fresh figs
- 7+ teaspoons Cambozola cheese
- 7 slices prosciutto, halved length wise
- Clean, dry, and halve the figs, spread with a little cambozola (1-1-1/2 teaspoons) wrap with 1/2 slice prosciutto (cover cheese completely). Preheat oven to 350° and roast until a slight crispiness on the prosciutto 7 minutes or so, Serve warm drizzled with Balsamic Cream or fig balsamic.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack