If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the idea for this recipe from a Chickpea Salad recipe that ran in Bon Appétit a while ago. I do like the original as is, but it might be better suited to summer, when fresh herbs are abundant. I think rosemary fits for winter. I also experimented with different quantities of the basics--lemon, garlic and olive oil. —Cristina Sciarra
Makes 1 large bowl full
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil, minced garlic and rosemary on medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Empty 1 can of garbanzo beans into a sieve, and rinse. Move the beans to a large bowl and toss them with the garlic-rosemary olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice and Pecorino cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in Chinese soup spoons. (Note: this tastes even better when the flavors have had a chance to come together, so it's a great make ahead.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack