If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a 2 week trip to Wisconsin, filled with cheese, rich foods and beer, this recipe was inspired by a desire for a meal that was all healthy, all veggie. Roasting the vegetables gives it a certain depth. seasoning with toasted sesame oil and freshly ground cumin seed really completes the dish.... —Nancy Nicole
- 2 medium eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup Italian parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground cumin seed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (I used black seeds)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- dollop of plain greek yougurt for serving, if desired
- In a pyrex dish at 350 F, roast the eggplant, face down with the onion and garlic cloves for about 45 minutes, or until all is softened. Let cool.
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, onion, eggplant innards (not the skin), and roasted garlic squeezed from skins. Puree until smooth.
- In a small stock pot, combine the contents of the food processor to the chicken broth. Whisk together and heat through gently with the cumin, salt and pepper. At the last minute, stir in the sesame oil and garnish with the seeds and optional yogurt.
Get Fired Up
A weekend cookout menu and playlist
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Small spaces don't have to feel small.
We've got the summer blues.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.