If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is simple, yet oh so flavorful. Packed full of healthy chicken and dried fruits, this one will definitely be your go-to salad for the season
Adapted from Crumbblog.com - mtlabor
- 1 large chicken breast, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mixed salad greens
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup fruit and nut trail mix
- Season each side of the chicken breast with the cajun seasoning mix.
- Heat a large saute pan under medium high heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken breast and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Flip over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Set chicken aside on cutting board to rest.
- Make vinaigrette by combining olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, spicy brown mustard, shallot, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk until mixture is emulsified (no separation of acid and oil). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and divide among two plates. Top greens with trail mix and sliced apples. Then top with sliced chicken breasts. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.