Author Notes: This salad is simple, yet oh so flavorful. Packed full of healthy chicken and dried fruits, this one will definitely be your go-to salad for the season
Adapted from Crumbblog.com - mtlabor
- 1 large chicken breast, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mixed salad greens
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup fruit and nut trail mix
- Season each side of the chicken breast with the cajun seasoning mix.
- Heat a large saute pan under medium high heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken breast and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Flip over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly. Set chicken aside on cutting board to rest.
- Make vinaigrette by combining olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, spicy brown mustard, shallot, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk until mixture is emulsified (no separation of acid and oil). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and divide among two plates. Top greens with trail mix and sliced apples. Then top with sliced chicken breasts. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.