If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The idea came about after trying out a successful version of cupcake Lasagna using wonton wrappers. I tried replicating a cupcake version of a burrito in a bowl. In the process of making little slits in the Tortilla to fit it into the muffin tin, The end result was a lovely pinwheel like curling up of the tortilla with the filling inside...next step in the progression was baking corn tortillas to get cupcake Nachos (the tortilla bakes itself into a chip, even as the re-fried beans & cheese melt down deliciously).
This hors d'oeuvre is made in a mini muffin tin. The basic ingredients are corn tortillas, refried beans & a taco cheese blend. Any other topping beyond that is entirely up to you. suggestions: Guacamole, Salsa, sour cream, roast corn, lettuce (chiffonade), Jalapeno —Panfusine
Makes 24 pieces
Toppings (pick any/combination you like)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
- 1/2 cup Roast corn
- Iceberg lettuce chiffonade
- chopped jalapenos (canned)
One bite nachos
- 12 corn tortilla
- 1/2 cup cups Refried beans
- 1/2-3/4 cups Shredded Cheese (Taco or Mexican blend)
- Oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Wrap the tortilla in a damp kitchen towel & warm them in a microwave. Using a 2 inch diameter biscuit cutter, cut two circles. from each tortilla. Using a 1 inch cutter place in the center as a guide, make 4- 6 1/2 inch incisions (like the spokes of a wheel).
- Brush the inner surface of the muffin pans with canola oil..Place these tortilla circles into the cups, arranging the cut 'petals' like the flaps of a paper pinwheel. Brush with oil and layer with 1/2 a teaspoon of shredded cheese. (this melts & forms a barrier against any moisture seeping thru the tortilla). place a 1/2 teaspoon dollop of refried beans and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-25 min until the cheese has melted and the tortilla has crisped up and the flaps 'curl' inwards .
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and smother with any toppings of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.