If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I normally eat pumpkin seeds simply roasted with salt, but this one time I felt like going a tad crazy, and serve them at a party as a snack. I roasted them all, but while I kept part of them "simple", to use in soups or bread, I caramelized the majority of them in sugar, coating them in a sugary and spicy mixture afterwards. They were DELICIOUS and they were finished in a matters of minutes. - tuscanfoodie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon medium hot chili powder (or paprika)
- seeds of 2 pumpkins
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oven at 350F (175C).
- Wash the seeds from the pulp of the pumpkin and dry them with paper towel. Put them in a baking sheet, and pour 1 TBSP of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix the seeds directly in the baking sheet with your hands, so as to coat them evenly with olive oil and salt. Put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on the oven. The seeds are ready when they start to turn a darker shade of brown.
- In the meantime, mix 2 TBSP of sugar, the cumin, the ginger, the chili powder (or the paprika) in a large bowl.
- When the seeds are roasted, take a skillet. Heat up the remaining 2 TBSP of olive oil, add the toasted seeds and the remaining 2 TBSP of sugar. Stir constantly, until the sugar is melted and it has coated the seeds. This should not take more than 5 minutes max.
- With a jotted spoon, take the seeds and throw them immediately into the bowl with the sugar and spice mix. Stir to ensure that the seeds are coated with the mixture. Let them cool a little.
- Devour them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
11 Ways to Become a Little More French
Live la vie en rose.
Live la vie en rose.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A feast for the ears.
Take these foods to go.