If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this can be made with any combination of cheese spices and nuts. Way better than crackers! - Nancy Nicole
Makes 1 gallon bag full.
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Grind nuts, set aside.
- combine flour, baking powder, salt, chili flakes in food processor. Pulse to blend.
- Add butter chunks slowly and run processor until mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal. Add cheeses and nuts. Pulse to combine.
- Slowly add buttermilk until dough forms a ball. Knead for 2 minutes, adding flour as necessary. Form into logs and chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice logs into 1/4 inch coins. Bake on parchment paper for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in plastic bags when cool.
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.