If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the Barefoot Contessa's basic macaroon recipe dipped in chocolate. This is my absolute "go-to" cookie recipe for the holiday season and beyond. DEFINITELY a crowd pleaser and SUPER easy! I recommend using Guitard semi-sweet chocolate for dipping. —Sugarplum
Makes 22 macaroons
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extrat
- 2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or two teaspoons. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool then dip in chocolate. Let chocolate harden on macaroons and serve.
Life's a beach
Life's a beach.
Food blog links we love.
It's time to travel.
The truth about salt swaps.
Put cake on a pedestal.