If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: WHO: Cecilia Stoute writes the blog One Vanilla Bean; she's an impassioned baker, farmers market shopper and world traveler.
WHAT: A visually stunning and thoughtful post documenting the August Charcutepalooza challenge: binding.
HOW: The post begins with a silky smooth chicken liver and apple terrine, and then moves onto apple jelly pink peppercorn and thyme-infused "Ritz" crackers made with wheat and flax.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Cecilia's expert photography documents the different elements of this project, celebrating the process and final results with serene, beautiful imagery. —Food52
Makes chicken liver terrine & homemade ritz crackers
- First, go here to see what this contest is all about: http://www.food52.com/blog/2825
- Then go here to see One Vanilla Bean's entry: http://onevanillabean.com/2011/08/15/charcutepalooza-august-challenge-binding-chicken-liver-terrine/
- Next, go here to read her competitor's entry: http://www.acookblog.com/2011/11/gratitude-is-the-attitude.html
- Then vote! The winner will receive a trip to France, among other fabulous grand prize winnings. http://www.food52.com/contests/266_your_best_charcuterie_the_charcutepalooza_grand_prize_challenge
- Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge Contest Finalist!
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.